Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Romance of God

Tomorrow I begin work on the final chapter of my second draft. It's fair to say, I'm excited. 
           Over the last seven years of sculpting, studying and scheming, 
           I've kept much of what I've written close to my chest. 
           But here, right now, I want to give you a sneak preview of the finale. 
           Because I just cannot keep it in.

All of the italicised words presented below have been lifted directly from the Bible. 
They are from the ancient Hebrew erotic love poetry known today as Song of Songs: 

You are so handsome, my lover (1:16)
Your mouth is sweet to kiss,
I desire you so very much.
You are my lover and my friend (5:16).
I belong to you my lover
And my lover belongs to me (6:3).
I belong to my lover
And he desires only me (7:10).’  

'My love, you are full of delights (7:6),
My bride, you have thrilled my heart (4:9).
My bride, your lips drip honey (4:11),
How beautiful you are, my darling! 
Oh, you are beautiful!  
Your eyes behind your veil are like doves (4:1). 
My darling, everything about you is beautiful, 
there is nothing wrong with you (4:7).’      

.....
.....
.....

Because it all finishes with a wedding.
It all finishes with the romance of God.


1 comment:

David Illman said...

Can't wait to read it!