Friday, October 10, 2008

Release the Life

Wow - I'd almost forgotten how great DNA is!

For those of you wondering what I'm talking about, DNA is the gap year programme I threw myself into before Uni. This year - after Uni - I'm basing my activities within the same organisation once again.

The name DNA doesn't stand for anything. It's an illustrative name, with the catchphrase 'Release the life.' As this suggests, the course is specifically designed to emphasise character development, helping individuals grow in confidence by embracing their unique qualities and identity.

I've just returned from the first residential of the year, supporting the next bunch of DNA trainees. It was a tremendous privilege to befriend people going through the same challenging experiences that I experienced four years ago. It really is incredible moving to see men and women finding greater freedom and joy, boldness and sensitivity, in who they are.

No comments: