Monday, February 18, 2008

The Pivotal Moment

When you see the word 'Covenant' in the Bible you know it's a big deal. God's promises are guaranteed. So feast your eyes on this:

I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me.(Jer 32:40)

Wow. 'I will never stop doing good for them'!!!

Atleast once a week, I'm told about how much God loves us. Comforting, transfroming peace for everyone. No matter what. But sometimes there is a part of me that wonders are we deluding ourselves? Are we just saying this to make us feel better? Does the creator of the universe really run towards me with open arms? Is he really that desperate to spend time in my company?

Having just worked my way through most the Old Testament, I've discovered a God who's character is certainly slow to anger as he experiences repeated rejection ... but he still gets very angry. How can this be the same God of Unconditional Love interested in helping me out every day?

Jeremiah 32:40 provides the answer. The NEW covenant provides the answer. The pivotal moment. Because of Jesus, we now live in a time where God promises, 'I will never stop doing good for them...they will never leave me.' No matter what.

No comments: