Saturday, February 02, 2008

29 + 11 = 22.

22nd birthday celebrations have been and gone and once again I find myself contemplating the big practical questions of everyday life after Uni. I've never entered a year of my life with so many unknowns as to what's in store. At least in my gap year, where I had no idea where I'd be going until the day before leaving, I could trust the organisation that they knew what they were doing. And they did! In a way that made it easy to trust that God was looking out for me.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer 29:11)

But now I'm in control. It's daunting. Scary even. I can decide what/where/who I'll be in a years time. How do I draw myself into line with what will make God smile? What excites me? As I check out varying opportunities will the 'right doors open?'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry we forgot your birthday,glad to see you had a good one thinking of you Don .Mary

Anonymous said...

I am not a maths degree buff, so how do you get 22 from 29 + 11?

PS - I'm sure God doesn't want you to worry about the future and that the right doors will open at the right time. God bless