Thursday, July 26, 2007

MOMENTUM 07 - Trying to do it justice

I've been trying to work out how to sum up Momentum in a few words. I could tell you about the weather, I could tell you about the food, the friends, or the showers, or the coffees I drunk, or what I learnt, or the bands I saw, or how high I jumped.

But that wouldn't do it justice. What will really stay with me after my time in Shepton Mallett is witnessing, yet again, God at work. It's witnessing healings and forgiveness before my very eyes, that will really stick with me.

And even then I can't really explain it. I can't really explain what happens to people when they let go of pains that they've buried inside for years. But it does remind me once again of the how God's healing transformations have impacted me. And a few years on from those massively releasing experiences, it reminds me of how utterly convinced I am in God's ability to totally change lives for good.

They're the kind of - there is more than this material world - experiences that a character in Heroes might have.
There we go - I've slipped in a topical TV reference in a desperate attempt to show I'm still down wid da kids!

No comments: