Sunday, February 18, 2007

Who'd be a referee?

Homerton fc 3rds had an important promotion clash today when they met Clare Hall 1sts. It was a tough tight match which Homerton lead 2-0 and 3-2 but it finally ended up in a 3-3 score draw. I didn't play, but in the second half to my horror I was asked to be ref. I think I did alright with some solid firm but fair decisions. Although controversy nearly came about towards the end as I was lining up a Homerton freekick and the score was 3-3. The Clare keeper shoved the Homerton striker and I was so close to giving a dodgy penalty, having blown the whistle and highlighted the incident. But after some thought I made the right decision and stuck with the freekick - in the process turning down the opportunity to use my Homerton bias and send us towards promotion!!

No comments: