Friday, February 16, 2007

NEW SWITCHFOOT ALBUM


I got the new Switchfoot album the other day and had such high hopes after their previous massive albums. On first listen I was a little disappointed but after several more plays I now love it. There's a real depth and honesty to this album which takes a while to observe and connect with. But it's definitely worth it when you do. Still not sure if it's quite up with 'A Beautiful Letdown,' but it's nevertheless given me pleanty of new tunes to shout out when I need some encouragement.

Here's a taste of what I'm banging on about:

In this life you're the one place I call home
In this life you're the feeling I belong
In this life you're the flower and the thorn
You're everything that's fair in love and war.

In this life I'm stubborn to the core
In this life I've been burning after more
We both know what these open arms are for
You're everything that's fair

In this life you're my only one

No comments: