Tuesday, May 16, 2006

'Take A Glorious Bite Out Of The Whole World'

'Take a glorious bite out of the whole world.' - Yet another incredible line from the new Snow Patrol album, which I have listened to in full every day for over a week now. Beautiful.

Continuing in the same vane, I thought I'd update you on my slog through Deuteronomy recently. It's been hard work reading through all the rules and regulations and clauses, sub-clauses and sub-sub-clauses in the contract between God and the Israelites. Sometimes it's been interesting and other times it's been down right tedious.

And then just as I was getting tempted to skip the last few pages and get straight into Joshua I found the most amazingly refreshing passage going in chapter 30.
'The command I am giving ...' This is God talking by the way. 'The command I am giving you today is not too difficult for you to understand or perform. ... Choose Life!'
How clear is that!!
Choose life. It's a phrase made famous in 1996 by the film, 'Trainspotting', and here it is in the Old Testament, from about 3500 years ago.
Cool eh?
Cool. Or 'sick' as the young downwidit ruffians of today might say.
See ya.

No comments: