Friday, January 27, 2006

Appreciating a tree

Good Morning. How are you today? I'm feeling a bit mischevious today.
Quiet night last night so I (nearly) finished reading, 'The Magician's Nephew' by C.S. Lewis. Yeah I know it's a kids book but I hadn't read it for such a long time - infact probably not since I was learning to read. My Mum would read one page and I'd read the next.
It's the first book in the Narnia series and is about the creation of Narnia by Aslan. It reminded me again about how little I appreciate my surroundings and the wonder of creation, the beauty of a tree and all that. My Mum (Hi Mum) would say to me as a kid to appreciate where you live in hills of West Sussex cos she grew up in a suburb of London, where the surroundings were a bit less er, beautiful?
Jon Webb's blog the other week pointed out that God showed his sense of humour when he created the platypus. Now that is something that I can appreciate! And what about putting the tortoise's house on his back?!
Have a nice day. I'm off to appreciate a field and some trees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pete,
Love Mum

Aunty C said...

Yes isn't God's creation wonderful and it doesn't cost anything to see it, unlike a film! Have you heard the song "We're going from nation to nation, one people to another, declaring to the world that our God reigns" by melissa du...
Sorry not sure of the singer's name!