Thursday, December 15, 2005

Free as a Bird

I've been feeling like I'm trudging through treacle recently, to be honest with you. As you can probably tell from the blog, the exciting daily events have dried up and I keep reaching the end of a day feeling like, 'There goes another one.' I guess it's partly to do with missing Uni, but I think it's more to do with not knowing how to rest. I keep persuading myself that I need to rest but then I end up watching T.V or playing Championship Manager. After several hours of these I really do not feel rested.
So last night I did what most people do when they're generally feeling sorry for themselves and looked back through happy memories. And I was struck by the following pictures.


















These people do not look like they're trudging through treacle...they're as free as a bird. You can see it in the faces. What happy memories.

So today I'm making a fresh start again in an attempt to not completely waste the next few weeks. And I start by putting some healthy disciplines in place. So I got up at half 7 this morning and I've been for a short jog. I've cleared a space from my desk and I'm going to do some reading. Oh, and I've put the Championship Manager CD firmly out of reach for a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey pete, its tom. do you fancy coming down the chequers tonight for a pint with me, chad and brooks? about 9.45 ish

The Clack Attack said...

i wanna go back there! although addmiteddly the camping may be a little cold...

Paul Windo said...

How about a house warming near Luton?! You can always stay over if getting here is a problem...

The Clack Attack said...

i canny afford the train, sorry. email is about to be sent....

ps update alert update alert update alert