Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Breakthrough

Made a breakthrough on a Maths problem today which I've been stuck on for about a week. Went back to the beginning and started afresh, logically putting down everything I knew already. There's a moral in there somewhere.

Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is out soon. Isn't it funny how as a kid they're just fun stories and then as you get older the parallels and meanings are really obvious. I've just finished reading 'The Screwtape letters' by C.S.Lewis himself. (Yep, my first trip to Homerton libreary wasn't for a Maths book) It's a collection of letters written from the point of view of evil as they go about tempting humans. The truth is bent SO much! It's 60 or so years old now and yet as close to home today as it probably was when it was written. Not an easy read and I found I needed to take my time with it, or else I'd have got totally depressed. But I learnt a lot and would recommend it.

No comments: