Friday, September 16, 2005

Quite an epic

Phew, what a week! Quite overwhelming. The overall headline is that since 6am on Monday morning there has been someone praying in the 24/7 prayer room!! and we're still going on our unbroken relay. That's the main headliner grabber, but it's the numerous sub-plots which have hit me the most. Like the lady who'd never prayed for more than 10 minutes before, and found her hour fly by. God has done so much ... and then I think about the stories that we don't even know about!
Personally, the week has felt like a month - quite an epic! I really have been learning to spend time in quiet and stillness, without the need to always be doing something. I'm getting there. It's been a lot of effort and yet a real rest and recooperation period. I really have done nothing apart from sleep in the day, (a bit of TV) and pray at night. As the week has gone on, my focus has been turning more to starting Uni and I'm now in a better frame of mind for going. And practically, things seem to be falling into place with the churches in Cambridge and building a new support network - which isn't a coincedence!!
Core dear, there's so much exciting stuff that I could talk about but i've probably said enough. If you want to know more, why not give me a ring? The one thing you need to know is that it's been an awesome week and God has blown this beyond all my (already quite high) expectations. Oh yeah! Photos to come soon.

1 comment:

muel said...

awesome stuff mate. it's amazing to hear what's going on with the prayer room and beyond. i'm just this minute off on holiday and i will ring you when i get back.

you're a legend.