Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The Final Ever DNA Training at Battersea

Yep, it was an emotional time (metaphorically speaking) for the final ever DNA training block in Battersea. So not only was it our last training block, next year DNA are moving to other premises. So if you've done DNA in the last few years it's time to shed a tear (metaphorically).
Incredibly I was actually awake during the two days following the weekend, and even got excited during one session by Chris Seaton on reconciliation. I especially got excited by the mention of Africa. (if you're interested about this, ask me)
The highlight though had to be the final trip to the pub on Monday night where for the first time every DNAer made it - (even those who don't like pubs!). What a laugh that was. I do believe I am the only DNAer to have made it to the pub for every training block. There's got to be some kind of prize for that. Bye bye Eagle Tavern.
But the overall highlight from the last couple of days came in the 'Working with older people' session. At the end of the session Billy the OAP, burst into a rendition of, 'You'll Never Walk Alone' at the top of his voice. Surreal. (Maybe even moving - metaphorically, mind you)

2 comments:

steve said...

excellento!
Billy did the same in our session a few years ago! if its the same guy - from Roehampton?

i'm interested in what you got out of the reconciliation talk - its a subject Martin Scott prayed into quite a bit over kent, and about me and Jo too...lets talk...

Paul Windo said...

Billy rocks! My favourite was 'Hey Big Spender' and the slightly alarming hip-thrusts...

Worth mentioning that Roehampton will always stir my heart after my experience there during Re:Act two years ago - absolutely awesome, scary, lovely place...