Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Nothing Else Compares

Coldplay were so good yesterday. I loved every second of it. Every song was awesome. Weather was great and there was almost a festival atmosphere. Highlights included 'Til Kingdom Come,' 'Yellow,' 'Fix You' and a vamped up 'Clocks' which got faster and faster. Surprisingly it was quite a similar set to the one they did at Glastonbury on Sat, with a complete mix of songs from across their albums. Loved it.
It was defintely worth the tricky train journies which needed a lot of patience. They were a mission but ultimately it was mission accomplished, getting back just before 2 in the morning. I found out some really sad news whilst reading the back of someones paper on the train. I can't believe Richard Whitely has died. I was actually quite upset. Countdown has been a joyous part of my afternoons for years and Chris Martin summed it all up by adding in to the lyrics of 'Everything's not lost,' 'We're sure gonna miss Countdown.'

No comments: