Thursday, June 30, 2005

LET JUSTICE FLOW

Make Poverty History. 2 days til Live8. More importantly, 1 week til the G8 summit.

Yesterday, I rebirthed some work that I did for DNA a few months ago. It was a study of the book of Amos, and it's all about God's heart for justice and the poor. Here are some of the highlights.
'They walk on the poor as if they were nothing, and they refuse to be fair to those who are suffering.' (2:7)
'Listen to me , you who walk on helpless people...You say, 'We can charge them more and give them less, and we can change the scales to cheat the people. We will buy poor people for silver.'' (8:4-5)
'Away with your hymns of praise! They are only noise to my ears. I will not listen to your music. Instead, I want to see a mighty flood of justice, a river of righteous living that will never run dry.'(5:23-24)
LET JUSTICE FLOW.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Great. I did a posting on this subject a couple of days ago in the run-up to G8.
Blessings